VMLY&R NY, (a WPP company), is seeking a candidate for an Integrated Associate Media Director position. The ideal candidate has 7-9 years of integrated media channel experience with a strong foundation in Digital/Social but includes TV, Radio, Print and OOH. A positive, enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude is a must. The Associate Media Director is a media expert who will develop and execute traditional and interactive media and marketing strategies. The Associate Media Director will create and deliver comprehensive media campaigns and initiatives. The right candidate will also have a range of national and local media planning experience.
The AMD manages all day to day strategy/planning and client service activity. Reporting to the Integrated Media Director, the AMD provides media planning recommendations internally and directly to the client. The AMD oversees preparation of media plans and other deliverables, and supervises media plan implementation.
Primary (day-to-day) Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain long-term partnerships and relationships with clients.
• Develop strategy and execute traditional and interactive media campaigns.
• Oversee the negotiation and implementation of media buys.
• Manage campaigns to ensure they meet established goals and expectations.
• Supervise, lead and mentor media team.
• Oversee new business development.
• Dynamic leadership, management and team building skills.
• Strong knowledge of all media disciplines.
• Ability and proven track record of new business development.
• Excellent project management skills and successful track record of managing multiple client assignments.
• Sound, decisive, qualitative and quantitative analytic skills.
• Strong presentation and client facing skills.
• Strong financial acumen
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of experience agency/interactive media planning, media buying experience
• Digital experience is a must as most of our Client accounts include digital (planning and setting up campaigns and monitoring/reporting)
• Proficient Knowledge of:
o Syndicated research tools (MRI, Kantar, Comscore etc.)
o Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)